|Bu Hua, 'The Light of Love 2', 2019, giclee print, image courtesy the artist|
Recent talks for senior secondary students have included:
- 'From Mao to Now: Introducing Chinese Contemporary Art' - a historical survey
- 'Rethinking Ink in Contemporary Chinese Art' - a focus on the work of Xu Bing, Gu Wenda and Yang Yongliang
- 'Holding Up Half the Sky: Women Artists in China'
- 'A Woman's Work is Never Done: the everyday and the domestic in the work of Gao Rong, Dong Yuan and Tao Aimin' - a case study of three female contemporary artists
- 'The Art of Spectacle' - Xu Zhen and MadeIn Company
- 'Lost in Translation: unreadable calligraphy and the power of language in the work of Xu Bing, Gu Wenda and Tao Aimin
- 'Folk Art to High Art?' - the work of Gao Rong, Wang Lei and Li Hongbo
- 'The Poetics of Porcelain: Clay and the Contemporary' - the work of Geng Xue and Liu Jianhua
- 'Urbanism and Contemporary Chinese Photography'
However, I will tailor a talk to the needs and interests of your particular group, focusing on the artists you want to include in your case studies, including sample short answer and extended response questions.
For more information about availability and pricing, or to book a talk for your students or a workshop or professional learning session for teachers, use this link on my 'Teaching Chinese Art' website: https://www.teachingchineseart.com/contact.html